Monday, March 1, 2010

Book of Mormon Challenge



Today at church my Bishop got up and explained that after meeting with a lot of people in the ward and interviewing them, he realized that a lot of the ward members were not reading the Book of Mormon everyday and that he was extremely concerned. He testified that a lot of our issues or concerns that we were having could be resolved if we were reading the Book of Mormon everyday. He decided that at as a ward we were going to do the Book of Mormon challenge like when President Hinckley did it. Starting tomorrow, as a ward we will each read 2 chapters a night ( which is about 8 pages)then in May we will be half way done and have a party, then in June for those who finish the challenge we will go boating.
Now of course those activities are fun but the purpose is to gain a love for the Book of Mormon and receive the blessings.
I am excited because i did not complete the challenge that President Hinckley gave us and I have regretted it ever since. I am in Alma now and don't really want to start over but I know that if I start from the beginning and do this challenge my testimony of the Book of Mormon will grow and I will receive lots of blessings.
If any of you want to join with me it could be a really neat experience, just let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting about this Cassi! As a former Mt. Bonnellian, I'm going to try and do this challenge too.

    ReplyDelete