Thursday, March 31, 2011

Family

All of us, except Jacob
My sister Emily with her husband
My brother Nick and his Family

My brother Jason with his family, Jacob was missing




Baby Jacob



As I have been thinking about things that I am grateful for I cant help but think of my family. My family is the greatest and they are always there for me, even though sometimes there is drama, like in every family there is also a lot of love. There is also something to be said about adding nieces and nephews and grand kids to the mix, its as if they bring a whole new found love to the family. If I am ever having a bad day or feeling sad about something all I need to do is think of them and I always feel better. This last weekend I got a text from my sister in law Emily, that said "me and your brother are going out and when I asked the girls who they wanted to babysit they said you. This may seem like a small thing to some of you but to me this was a tender mercy from my Heavenly Father. When I moved away for school I missed out on a lot of family things like parties, get togethers, and bonding with my nieces and nephews. I am so glad that I get to be close to my family and be a part as something so small as baby sitting. As my niece Gracie said when her parents left, "we are going to have so much fun" and that we did! I am also grateful that my brothers and my sister married great people and now I have double the siblings to hang out with :)


Another big milestone that happened in our family was that my parents celebrated their 33 wedding anniversary this week. I cant believe my parents have been married that long. they have been through so much together they are such a great example to me.


Moving back to Utah was a very difficult decision for me but I know that at this point in my life I needed to be close to my family, not to close (about an hour away) but it is a nice feeling to know that if I ever need them or want to be a part of a family function I am close enough to drive. I know that heavenly Father puts each of in our families for a reason and I strongly believe that we picked our family. I am so grateful for the family that I have and I love you all very much!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Cassi.. that is so cute! They love you so much! WE LOVE YOU!!! You are the greatest! Our family is blessed and awesome because YOU are a part of it!!

    ReplyDelete