Tuesday, March 22, 2011

why i am feelimg so anxious


I am thanful for getting an unexpected pay check from my job in Texas that they owed me
I am thankful for funny things that happen at work that make me laugh
I am thankful for not having to wear a coat
I am thankful for BYU making the swwet 16
I am thankful for missionary experiences
The last couple of days I have been feeling really anxious and I couldn't figure out why. Nothing out of the ordinary happened, work is going good, and I'm not stressed, then it hit me. I am anxious for the BYU game on Thursday!! I know what you guys are thinking, how can this girl be so engrossed in sports?? I have no idea, something about college sports, BYU especially, makes me happy. Its almost as if, because I can't play sports I invest all my emotion into watching them. I always joke that I am the son my dad always wanted(even though he has 2) because I love sports so much, we will go to any and all sports events if we get the chance, its as of me and my dad have bonded over football and basketball games. For example I got a phone call at 11:00PM on Sunday night from my dad saying something to the effect of "I couldn't sleep so I thought I would call you and we could talk about BYU and Jimmer" oh how I love my pops.:)
For those of you living under a rock the month of March BYU has made it into the sweet 16 which they haven't done in 30 years if there is one year that BYU deserve to make it to the championship this is their year!! BYU as a team has broken tons of records and been through a lot of trials and triumphs, including loosing one of their best players at the worst time. We are team to MWC coach of the year,MWC player of the year and MWC defensive player of the year ,not to mention BYU are MWC champions!!!! I am so proud of my team and to be part of such a great school!!! I know that BYU can beat Florida on Thursday to make to to the elite 8 and go onto the final four and then the championship. No matter what happens we are the best team not only on the field but off the field as well!!! We stand up for what we believe in regardless of what the consequences are. It is so nice when a co worker who is not a Mormon comes up to me and says "I'm rooting for BYU because they are an amazing team, but they are also amazing people, when I watch them play there is something about their countenance and attitude that no other team has"!! I love my cougars, good luck!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I have them in the Championship on my bracket!

    They better win, if my bracket wins between Brian and I's he owes me a 15 minute back massage. If he wins he gets one, and we all know that I could really use a nice massage about now (even if I have to lay on my side instead of my tummy, darn)!!

    GO BYU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassi, i just have to say that you are awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the spirit Cass! We miss you by the way...haven't hung out in a while! Love you!

    ReplyDelete